Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My Early Mother's Day Surprise


So last week on our way to the chiropractor at 5:15pm, Clint tells me that he has an appointment at 6pm and we will just go right after the chiro. I have gone on many excursions to appointments and installs before so nothing seemed out of the ordinary to me. I asked him where the apt. was and he wouldn't say. I asked how long it would take and he said about two hours. I noticed he didn't have his notebook and I asked if I should turn back to get it from our house. He said he didn't need it. During the chiro apt. I kept asking where we were going and he wouldn't say. Finally he responded and said, "We are going to Little Caesar's to get pizza." I exclaimed, "It doesn't take two hours to get pizza from Little Caesar's! The pizza is ready in five minutes. " Clint said, "Well it is Earth Day so it will take them longer because they will have so many orders." By this point I figured something was going on. So around 6pm we left the chiro and he said he had to be the one to drive since I didn't know where the apt. was. I reluctantly gave him the keys and we headed off to some unknown destination. We pulled into a gas station and behind the gas station were some businesses. He parked and we got out of the car. He walked into Arizona Hair Co. and said he was going to get his hair cut real quick because it was getting too long. When we walked in, the lady asked if I was Christie. I told her that I was and she said to come on back. Clint said, "Happy early Mother's Day Christie! You are getting your hair cut and colored just like you want it."

I couldn't believe it. I have not had my hair cut and colored since the month before Amelia was born. And she is almost 10 months old now so it's been a long time. When I did get my hair done last June at Fantastic Sams, they decided to change it up a bit and they added color that was supposed to look more like my natural brown color instead of blonde. When I got home though it was reddish looking. I did not like it very much. I missed the blonde color.

So Clint didn't lie and he did get his hair cut too while I got my hair cut and colored; blonde highlights like I like it! Amelia was a such trooper. She got to stay up past her bedtime since it took a lon
g time. She got cranky a few times but she enjoyed sitting on my lap and looking in the mirror. She also tried to pull the stuff out of my hair while the lady was working on it.

Clint did go get Little Caesar's and I ate some pizza while sitting under the hair dryer. Amelia seemed to like the pizza too!

Overall, I am very happy that Clint was able to surprise me with something he knew I had been wanting for a long time. He may not surprise me like this too often but when he does, he goes all out and makes it worth the wait of not knowing what's going on.

The picture was from Sunday and shows off my new hair along with a mommy daughter moment.

2 comments: