Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July BBQ

During the 4th of July weekend we had a family bbq, including swimming, at Clint's sister's house. We ate great food and had a wonderful time together. Clint took Amelia swimming in their pool but she didn't seem to happy about it for some reason. Maybe because I wasn't in the pool with her? The actual 4th of July was pretty relaxed; Amelia and I slept in while Clint did some work, then we went to watch Clint play basketball with family and friends (we haven't gone to watch him in a while so thought we should go), then had some hot dogs for dinner. We saw some fireworks in the distance from our house in the evening.

I wasn't really into the whole 4th of July celebration this year. I was more focused on being thankful for living in this great country we call America. I was also reminiscing about what I was doing last year at this time; my belly was about ready to pop as I was one week away from delivering Amelia. I knew last year that in a week or two, my life was going to change once she was born. Thinking back through this last year, I know there were difficult times that seemed would never get better but all the good things outweigh those not so good. I am glad I have my baby girl and am glad she was able to celebrate the 4th of July with us and enjoy hot dogs and watermelon!


Amelia's cute swimsuit with a sunhat

Amelia in the pool with Aunt Melissa

Swimming with daddy

Drying off in the ladybug robe with mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment