Tuesday, July 28, 2009

My Little Indulgence

It all started back in my freshman year of high school. My mom and I started scrapbooking. Ever since then I try my hardest to find time to continue doing it. Usually I get most scrapbooking done when I go visit my parents in Cottonwood. In my four years at college, I was able to get finish two scrapbooks.

I must say that after college, I have been a slacker. Right now my wedding pictures are in a photo album on my tv cabinet. My hope is to someday do something with them. I know my mother is working on a wedding scrapbook for me to someday have. After Clint and I got married, we went on a late honeymoon to New Zealand for three weeks. We took TONS of pictures. I have gotten the best ones printed already, about 200 photos! They are sitting in a box just waiting to be put in the wonderful travel scrapbook my sister bought us. Someday I will get something done with these pictures!

I told myself I would be better and make sure I kept up to date with scrapbooking once Amelia was born. Well, bad news, I have disappointed myself yet again. I have taken many pictures since she was born and I finally did get all the pics I wanted printed and organized. I had bought a cute 8" by 8" scrapbook and my mom bought me a 12" by 12" scrapbook for me to use. A few months ago I did finally start scrapbooking Amelia's photos. The other day I finished the 8" by 8" scrapbook with her first month of life. I must admit that I think this scrapbook is amazing! It has all the cute embellsihments and page layouts. I am very proud of this little scrapbook and that I will be able to give it to Amelia some day.

Since I finished the first month of her life in this smaller scrapbook, I have now started the larger ladybug scrapbook. While Amelia was napping for two hours, I was able to get a two pages done. I tried doing some more while she played near me but she just wanted to come and see what I was doing and play with the scrapbooking tools. I picked her up and showed her the pictures. She pointed at them and a big smile took over her face. She then would say 'ba'. I would point to Clint and say daddy. She got very excited. I pointed to myself and said mommy. She got happy but not as excited. I think since she is around me all day, daddy is more of a novelty to her. I then pointed to the picture of her and said Amelia. She just kind of looked at it for a second and wasn't sure about it. Then she pointed at it, smiled, and said 'ba'.

I have so many more pictures to scrapbook from Amelia's first year of life. My goal is to catch up so that I can start working on her second year of life. I have a feeling her 2nd birthday will be here much sooner than later. I hope that I don't diappoint myself again and that I can successfully manage my time and work on my little indulgence of scrapbooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment