Tuesday, September 22, 2009

We're Off to Cali

My mom, Amelia, and I went to San Diego to visit my grandparents and aunt and uncle from September 18-21. My grandma's birthday was in a few days so that was one of the main reasons for going in September. Our six hour drive took about eight hours because we had Amelia and needed to stop a few times for food and bathroom breaks. Amelia was a trooper and did quite well considering she was strapped down in the car seat. Last time we drove to California Amelia was just under one month old. That was a pretty rough trip.

All strapped into the carseat and ready to go!

Our first stop was in Gila Bend for a snack, stretch, and potty break.

When we arrived, my grandparents we anxiously waiting to see Amelia. She had grown a lot since they had seen her at one month old. They love to 'show off' their guests to all their friends; Amelia was a huge hit! Everybody just loved her and thought she was adorable.

It was birthday dinner night; they celebrate all the September birthdays on one night during the month. There were balloons at the tables and immediately Amelia pointed to our balloon and said 'ba'. We tied it to her chair so she could entertain herself while waiting for food.

After dinner, we headed up to my grandparents room. Amelia took a short ride on my grandma's walker.

We stayed at my aunt and uncle's house during our visit. We went for a walk after breakfast the first morning. The weather was nice but I wasn't to keen on the humidity. I was quite sweaty after our walk.

We went to The Spaghetti Factory for lunch on Saturday. I had never eaten here but I enjoyed the chicken fettucine alfredo dish. Amelia had fun slurping the noodles into her mouth.

My mom gave Amelia some spaghetti to eat and she got a little messy in the process.

Look at all the water...can I go in mom?


This is fun, I like getting wet!

Ooh kelp

Wet sand feels pretty neat

I see you mommy and I'm coming to get you!

After church with greatgrandpa and mommy

Playing in the sand at the nearby park

Hey mom come and play with me

Posing for a pic by the large ship and anchor in the middle of some sand

Going for a walk along a river. We saw a sealion swimming and popping it's head out of the water every five seconds.

Alright mom I'm ready to go home...this time I'll do the driving

Eating some ice cream at our stop in Gila Bend

No comments:

Post a Comment