Friday, November 13, 2009

Night Two in Big Girl Bed

Amelia was getting quite upset and cranky so I put her to bed around 7pm tonight. She fell asleep rather quickly. Everything was going great until about 10pm. I was downstairs watching tv; sitting on the couch, which is directly below her room. I thought I heard a small thunk. I muted the tv but didn't hear anything else or any crying. I decided to go upstairs and check to make sure everything was okay. I slowly opened Amelia's bedroom door and shone a flashlight to the ceiling to give the room a glow. I was quite surprised at what I saw. Amelia had obviously rolled/fallen out of bed; I'm guessing hit the comfy pink blanket I had on the floor and then rolled a little further. She was lying on her back with both hands behind her head, still asleep! I went downstairs and got my camera. When I came back up, she had rolled over to her side. I took a few photos- pictured below. I went down the hall to set my camera down and when I came back, Amelia was sitting up rubbing her eyes and looking around in a daze. I wonder what she was thinking in that head of hers. I got down to her level and told her she must have fallen out of the bed. I grabbed her blankie from the bed and the kitty from the floor and rocked her for a minute, then placed her back into bed. She went right back to sleep.


I am just so amazed that she fell out of her bed, which is about a one foot drop, and managed to just roll over and go back asleep without making any noise other than the thud from hitting the floor! What a trooper. I hope she doesn't do this in the middle of the night. I don't know if I would wake up if the only noise she makes is a small thud. I guess if she does fall out again, she will just sleep on the floor until she realizes that she is on the floor. Once realizing that she is on the floor, she will come to our room looking for us or just crawl back up into her bed. I seriously doubt she would just crawl back into her bed in the middle of the night though.

While Clint and I were in the bathroom getting ready for bed around midnight, we were very startled when we heard a soft noise and a pink blur coming toward us. I almost had a heart attack! Amelia had fallen/gotten out of bed and came looking for us in our room. I put her back to bed and we went to bed ourselves. Around 3am I woke up when our bedroom door slowly opened and I heard Amelia walking in. I was groggy but took her back and put her in her own bed. Seriously in about two minutes, here she came again, this time with her blankie. I almost wanted to just put her in our bed and see if she would sleep with us because I was so tired and didn't feel like getting back out of bed again. But I knew that if I started this, it would probably happen every night thereafter; she would learn that if she comes into our room in the middle of the night she can sleep with us. I definitely do not want her to start that habit! So I got out of bed and put her back down, and this time closed her door. She never did get back out of bed or make any noise until the morning. Unfortunately she woke up around 7am and since the door was closed, she stood there and tried to turn the knob. I was still very very tired but she had about 12 hours of sleep so I knew there was no way she would be going back to bed.

I hope night three is better like night one; I need to catch up on my sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment