Friday, April 30, 2010

Let's Go Fly A Kite...

Up to the highest height!
Let's go fly a kite and send it soaring
Up through the atmosphere
Up where the air is clear
Oh, let's go fly a kite!
Up to the highest height!

It was really windy when Clint came home from work so he suggested we fly a kite with Amelia.  I found a ladybug kite that we had in our closet so I assembled it.  We went down to the basin near our house and let that ladybug kite fly.  Clint was able to get it in the air and then let the string out really far.  When we were done flying, we counted about how many feet of string was let out.  We estimate it to have been about 150 feet.  The kite was very far up and looked much smaller.  

Clint let Amelia hold the string handle and they flew the kite together :)


 

I tried to get a nice picture of Amelia sitting with me but she got upset when I tried to take our picture.  I like this one because it shows a side view of her angry face.  When she gets mad, she tilts her head forward, scrunches her eyebrows, and looks up with her eyes; we call it her evil glare.  She also curls her bottom lip out.   

No comments:

Post a Comment