Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year's Weekend

My parents came down the night of December 30th for the New Year's weekend since they were in Tucson for Christmas.  After Amelia went to bed, my dad and Clint put together the large Christmas present my parents got for Amelia...a play kitchen.  When she came downstairs and went into the living room on the morning of the 31st, she noticed a large present immediately. 





Amelia was VERY excited when she saw that the large gift was a play kitchen.

She spent time with Grandpa Dave by reading Winnie the Pooh books.

My mom, Amelia and I went shopping and dressed Amelia up into what we called a 'snow princess' so she would stay warm.

When we returned back from shopping, we saw this great play house in the living room.  Grandpa Dave turned the play kitchen box into a play house for Amelia.  She was also thrilled about this new thing to play with.  It had a door and jingle bell doorbell.

There was a window on each side with 'washcloth' blinds.  On one side there was a small portal window that could be opened with a string from the inside of the house.



For New Year's Eve Clint, Amelia, & I got to watch the Suns game from a sweet suite room.  Clint's sister and husband rented the suite for the Ray family's Christmas gift to everyone.  Amelia had a blast and couldn't get enough of the gorilla.  She also loved eating cotton candy with daddy.

After the Suns game, we dropped Amelia off at home with my parents and put her to bed.  Clint and I went to his aunt and uncle's house for their annual New Year's Eve celebration. 

After getting a few hours of sleep Friday night, Amelia, my mom, and I went shopping some more on Saturday.  Amelia sported her ladybug hat and mittens to stay warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment