Thursday, February 3, 2011

Ultrasound


At my 35 week appointment my doctor wanted me to schedule an ultrasound so we could find out how big this baby boy was measuring. 
I had the ultrasound this morning at 7am.  I am 36 weeks and 1 day but this boy was much bigger, like I expected.  According to the measurements the techinician got, he was 37 weeks and 4 days in size.  I know my due date for March 2nd is very accurate, so I just have a big baby...about 10 days ahead of schedule!  He is already 7lbs and 85% for his height (big surprise there!). 
I am planning on getting induced early because I don't want a huge baby, my labor was pretty quick with Amelia (went from a 5cm to 10 cm in 1.5 hours and only had to push for 20 minutes), and I want my parents down here to help take care of Amelia while I'm in the hospital and when I come home for a few days.  Clint works a lot so I can't really rely on him being home to help me try to deal with being a new mother again and taking care of Amelia, and myself.  I am grateful my parents are willing to take time off to come down and help out!!!
I figure that this baby will be about 8lbs when he is born, if I get induced around the 18th of February like I want.  Amelia was 8lbs 12oz and born 5 days early.  If he is 8lbs when born 12 days early, then he would probably be around 9lbs or more if I waited til his due date of March 2nd.

No comments:

Post a Comment