Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!

I started Valentine's Day a few days ago when I made sugar cookie dough.  Later that night when the dough was chilled, I rolled it out on the counter and had Amelia help me make heart shaped cookies with my cookie cutters.  Once I baked them in the oven and let them cool, I frosted them with some homemade icing and let Amelia help put the sprinkles on top.  She had fun helping mommy bake...and loved eating some cookies too!

Yesterday for breakfast I made french toast as usual, but used my large heart shaped cookie cutter so we could eat heart shaped french toast.  I also had Clint and Amelia open their Valentine's Day gifts before church (since Clint gets up early Monday-Saturday, long before Amelia wakes up).  Amelia (I) made a notebook for Clint with a picture of them together on the cover.  Amelia got a few candies and a necklace kit.

I dressed Amelia and I in pink today, of course!  Her shirt had hearts all over and she had two pony tails with heart barrettes.  We went to a Valentine's Day party at her friends Neils' and Jaxton's house.  She got to decorate a Valentine mailbox and a heart shaped sugar cookie.  Then she passed out her Valentine's to each of the other kids' mailboxes.  She had a blast and looked so cute too!


I took a few pictures of her outfit, almost kissing mommy, and kissing baby brother (mommy's tummy).  I can't believe that in about two more days, we will actually be kissing the baby!  I am excited, nervous, and anxious.  I think Amelia is pretty excited and can't wait to visit me when I go to the hospital to take pictures with her new baby brother.







No comments:

Post a Comment