Tuesday, August 31, 2010

14 Week Appointment

I had my 14 week appointment today.  My belly is starting to get a little bigger.  I haven't gained any weight yet (I've actually lost a few pounds) because I am trying to watch what I eat so I don't gain 50 pounds like I did with Amelia's pregnancy.  I am hoping to only gain 20 or so pounds this time. 

I got to hear the heartbeat at this appointment, which is always exciting!  She said it sounded nice and healthy.  I was very glad to hear her say that. 

My doctor wanted to have my blood drawn again because my thyroid levels were, I believe, high before I got pregnant and she wanted to see how it was doing now.  (I had my blood drawn 4 weeks ago at my first appointment and almost passed out because I didn't have any snacks with me.)  I didn't have any snacks with me this time and I told her about what happened last time, so luckily she said we can just get the blood drawn at my next appointment on September 28th.  I will hopefully remember to bring some snacks with me to that appointment!

Sometimes I think I can feel kicking from the baby but I'm sure I am not.  I think it would be way to early to feel anything yet.  I wasn't sure what the kicking felt like when I was pregnant with Amelia though so I didn't really recognize it until I was about 22 weeks along.  I think I will definitely notice it before 22 weeks this time around.

2 comments:

  1. I've had to let them draw blood every time I've been at the office. I think 3 or 4 times so far. Arggh!! I hate it - so I dont look anywhere near my arm. Luckily the lady who always draws my blood is very good and has never missed the vein.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...why so much blood drawn? My left arm has a great vein so they get it in without any problems and I look far away too. I don't mind getting it drawn but I hate the dizzy feeling afterwards like I'm going to faint. Should help next time when I have some snacks with me.

    ReplyDelete